I want to gift my book to PM Narendra Modi: Anju Handa

Guest With Ms Anju Handa During Book Launch "Inspiring Entrepreneurs -The journey from Can I to I Can"
Byline : Nilesh Rao 
“If you don’t know what your passion is, realise that one reason for your existence on earth is to find it,” are the words of Oprah Winfrey. The saying reflects in the newly released book ‘Inspiring Entrepreneurs- The journey from Can I to I can’ by author Anju Handa. 

MS Anju Handa During Book Launch 

This inspirational book talks about 19 different real life stories of women entrepreneurs who realised their true potential by establishing their own brands in the field of business. In a freewheeling chat with City Women Magazine, Anju Handa talks about the reason behind writing this book, being a multitasker and other issues that she wants to write about in future. Excerpts from an interview:

Congratulations to you on your new book, please throw more light on the subject of this book.
This book is about those women who have left their lucrative jobs to follow their passion. They wanted to bring out their hidden potential that they believed in as their job never gave them the satisfaction, which the present profession gave them. This book is encompassing the journey of those ladies who had hidden dreams in their mind, they worked hard towards achieving their goal and establishing their enterprise as a businesswoman. These women stories will inspire the readers as end of the story is happy. It would compel them to think that if these people can achieve their dreams then, why can’t I that is why I gave it a self-explanatory title "Inspiring Entrepreneurs - The journey from Can I to I can". I feel that every woman has lot of potential in them, the only thing is to take the journey, believe in oneself and go ahead.

Guest During Book Launch
What was the inspiration behind writing this book?
I am inspired by my own story .As I am a pre school consultant where I provide total technical expertise for establishing and running pre schools and also take care of their promotions ,Along with this I am into event management too....but I never had any technical training in this field nor I have any relevant qualifications for this field ....Working as a pre-school teacher I realised my own potential and found out that this is giving me immense satisfaction and happiness ....and with hard work ,dedication and honesty I established my company Greens .In my Tyme the opportunities were very limited to explore as compared to today ....Today women are everywhere ...They are establishing their niche in every field ...coz of various educational opportunities available to them.While establishing my brand I faced various hurdles ,road was not easy ......and today many women who are running their own ventures are trying very hard to make a name for themselves ...they have left lucrative jobs to follow their dreams ...I wanted to that their journey must inspire many to follow their dreams


What would be topic of your next book?
I am a parenting coach and I also do a show on radio Noida called Parvarish where I give parenting tips. My next book would focus on parenting area where I want to convey to parents that how they are snatching the childhood of their children. Everyone has become so techno savvy that children have stopped playing outdoor games. The parents are trying to monitor their children to an extent of sending them to so many classes and asking them to pursue so many hobbies. In that process that childhood is getting lost somewhere.

They are not able to play in the mud, they are not able to play in the sun, they are not able to drench themselves in rains. At our times we had done lot of these things. I believe we should let our children explore what they want to do. I want to reach every parent and advise them to give quality time to their children, they should let them explore whatever they are good into, no forcing of their dreams on children. Let the children be in touch with nature, let them understand importance of clean and safe environment. These things are much relevant which the parents are not understanding. They are living artificial life, more into imported goods, more into artificial entertainment for children.

Another area that I would like to draw attention is old age. I feel old people are a neglected lot. In city life people are so materialistic, they don’t have time to devote to old people. Be it their own parents, mother in law or father in law. I have seen people living in old age homes are so depressed, they have wealthy children but they are left on their own. The punchline is that children should look after their parents in their old age the same way parents looked after them when they were growing up. Nowadays parents are busy in their jobs children have their own things to do, there is hardly any communication within the family. We are using touch but we are losing touch. Although we are touch in social media with everyone but within our own family we are not in touch.

I also want to write a short stories compilation book. The incidents that happens around us. It can be anyone’s story be it a maid, beggar, child, or elderly people. These incidents inspire us, make us ponder. This thought is in the pipeline and I have already thought the name of the book as ‘phir subah hogi’.

Which personality you want should read this book?
This book is endorsed by the Skill India initiative. Various ladies who are a part of my book are skilled women. when I started writing the book I felt there should be some endorsement so that the book should reach more people. Mr J P Singh, director of Skill India initiative; he has written a paragraph in the book. They have endorsed this book I have already written a letter to the prime minister of India that he should give us an opportunity to meet him and present this book. I will be very happy to present this book to our Prime Minister Narendra Modi or for that matter to anybody who wants to get inspired. My purpose is not to earn money or fame, but it is to kindle the flame in every lady to stand on their feet and follow their dreams. I am dedicating this book to my parents I feel whatever I am I owe to them. They were instrumental in shaping up what I am.

What are the tips that you want to give to aspiring entrepreneurs?
They should try to find out what gives them immense satisfaction.  Earning is not the only thing. It is about whatever that gives them happiness. When you do something with happiness and satisfaction, that gives you much more results. Being happy is the most important thing, earning comes automatically. They should not fear any hurdles that would come on their way, ultimately they will achieve success. There is no short cut to success but hard work. Hard work is the only way to reach your goal. Don’t get disheartened by the failures on the way. Failures are the experiences that makes you more intelligent to tackle the things. End of the day you will be much sensible, knowledgeable, mature if you pass through all hurdles.


To Buy This Book Click Here Inspiring Entrepreneurs - The journey from Can I to I can


Comments

Rimesh said…
You did a great job Anju G, May your dream fulfilled... to gift 🎁 d book to our PM. Me too feeling proud to b a part of this book.